Tip 1: The domain names should be no twisters as people will not remember them. Rather make them simple, fun and easy to remember.
Tip 2: When you choose web host, some of the important aspects to look for are its speed and reliability. Look for a minimum uptime of 99% or even higher.
Tip 3: The simpliest way to make small website is to use WordPress, or use HTML Teplates for it. You can find the both of them on our website for free.
Tip 4: Always use quality oroginal content for your website to be search engine friendly.
Tip 5: Begin whith a simple website and do not hurry, practice and then advance!
Tip 6: Never hasitate to ask for help when you have any problems with making your website, we are here to help you.
How To Make A Website
In Only 5 Easy Steps...
You are ready to make your own website after much thought on it, yet you still have no idea how to get started?
Fear not, it is not as hard to get your own website up and running as you may have thought. This guide will cover everything you need to know about how to make website , have it up and running. Even for the beginner it won't take much more than an hour from start to finish.
Two of the most important factors that are critical to the success of your website is the domain name you choose and your web hosting service. Just like with any business in this world every company will provide a slightly better or worse service when compared to others out there You want to be sure to avoid those that offer lackluster services, lucky for you we have years of experience and will show you the best deals as you progress through the guide.
It can seem a bit overwhelming at first to hear terms that you do not understand, but keep in mind this guide is meant for everyone regardless of knowledge. A domain name is the address you need to type into your web browser to reach a website. For example www.bing.com is a domain name. You can think of this as an address if you were to send a letter. The domain name simply helps direct the user to your website.
The hosting company comes in next, they give you a space for your website to exist in. All of the files for your site will be stored with the hosting company which will allow people from all around the world to access your site.
Once you have registered a domain name and got yourself a hosting plan you can start to build your website. In this guide we will be using one of the most beginner friendly content management systems out there today, WordPress. With WordPress you can get a very professional looking and customizable website with very little effort.
If any of this seems complicated do not worry, the following steps will take you through everything.
Do you have any questions? Need help?
We are here to support you absolutely free.
Fill the form below and send us a question:
It is very important to pick a good domain name for your site. As you probably already know in life first impressions are very important, and the first thing someone is going to see about your site is the domain name.
You want to be sure your domain name is:
a) Related to
the content you plan on putting on your site.
b) Easy to remember so that users can come back again.
c) Concise and to the point.
d) Has a good extension, .com, .net or .org
The domain name you choose will also have an effect on other important factors. When search engines rank sites they give special attention to sites that include the words the user is searching for. When a domain name contains those words that the user is searching for the site has a better chance of appearing in the results. Users also will frequently read the domain names to look for a relevant seeming website for their needs before they click the link.
Let's get started on making some actual progress towards your very own website!
2) Type in the domain name that would like to have for your website to see if it is available. You will get a list of several domain names that are still unowned and ready for purchase like below.
Seeing several available is good, however you want to stick with the domain names that end in .com, .net, or .org as they are most familiar to users.
3) If the domain name you were looking for is not taken just check the box next to it and proceed the process of buying it. You do not need to buy the additional domain names that will be offered to you, you will only need the one.
4) Once you go through registering for the site you can choose from several different methods. You will also see an option how long you would like to register your site. You can stick with the one year option as you can re-new it for longer at any time.
You will notice that they offer some privacy protection and web hosting themselves, however you can feel free to decline all of these additional services. GoDaddy is a very good domain registrar however we will be using a different hosting company to better suit your website needs.
After you submit your domain name purchase you will receive an email with your receipt, and your domain name will be ready to use within several minutes.
5) You now own the domain name you picked out, your very own space on the internet!
Step 2 – Set Up A Web Host Account
You now own your domain name, let's get started and get it up and running!
Are you wondering how you are going to pick the best web host for your site? Lucky for you there are only two simple guidelines to follow when you pick one.
1) Stay away
from deals that seem too good to be true.
2) Stick with only reputable hosts, with years of experience.
With a bit of research you will realize that there are literally thousands of hosting companies out there that offer very low rates. It seems like a good deal but they rarely deliver what they claim. You will find that your website will be down and will not load for your users frequently with cheap unknown hosting providers.
Our suggestion is to use Hostgator.
HostGator has been at the top of the hosting provider business for years and has built a well earned reputation of being one of the best. They have updated technologies, and offer some of the best customer support out of any business out there. They offer both unlimited bandwidth and unlimited disk space, which will allow your site to grow and handle high volumes of visitors without any issues.Getting started with HostGator is simple:
1) Head on over to their site by clicking on this link: http://www.hostgator.com
One of the first things you will probably notice on their site is the large orange button that says “View Web Hosting Plans”. Click on that and you will be able to see the plans that they offer.
You only have one domain so you will only need the “Hatchling plan” If you buy more domains in the future it is very easy to change to a bigger plan.
Pick how long you plan on using them for and hit Order Now! The longer you choose the bigger discount you will receive.
2) You will notice that they ask if you would like to register a domain or use an existing one on this page. You have already bought and registered your own domain so hit the use an existing domain option.
Simply type in the domain name that you bought in the previous step and Continue to Step 3.
3) As expected fill out the forms for your billing information and your account and press Create Account!
Usually within an hour your order will be completed and the hosting plan you picked will be fully ready for you to use. Most of the time it will only take a few minutes.
Head on over to the email that you registered with. You will notice an email from HostGator that contains your login information and the Name Servers for your hosting plan. You will need the Name Servers in the next step so be sure to keep the email.
That wasn't hard at all now, was it? The rest of the steps are just as easy.
You now have both your Domain Name and your Web Hosting purchased, so let's link them together now.
Step 3 – Point Your Domain To Your Web Host
Most people will cringe when they hear that they need to change some things like DNS and Name Servers around to get their domain name to work.
Fear not – Just like before we will take you through and guide you every step of the way.
1) Head back over to where you purchased your domain name. http://www.godaddy.com
Login at the very top of the site if you have not already done so.
2) Mouse over the Domains tab and hit Go To... Then My Account, and finally Domain Management.
3) Click on the link to the domain name that you bought and you will be taken to the page where you can change everything that has to do with your domain, even the Name Servers.
Take a glance around your screen for something like this:
4) Once you click on Set Nameservers you will have a little window pop up that looks like this:
You will want the option that is “I have specific nameservers for my domains.” Go back to the email that you received from your web host (HostGator) and find the Name Servers that they listed for you to use.
Enter in the information for the Name Servers provided in the email and hit Okay. It is usually instant but can take up to 2 hours to take full effect sometimes.
5) You have completed Step 3!
Well done, you have linked both your Domain Name and your Web Hosting to each other, and are ready to start building your actual site!
You are probably wondering to yourself what WordPress is and why you are going to be using it for your site. The answer is quite clear when you know a little bit about what it is.
WordPress is one of the biggest and most popular content management systems in use online today. It is free and has been used by those looking to blog, make a simple website or expand their business online for years. The biggest draw is how powerful it is without needing to be a computer genius to use.
With WordPress you can install free themes within a matter of a couple clicks that completely change how your site looks, feels, and functions. Without WordPress you would have to spend hundreds of hours learning HTML and PHP to get a similar site. WordPress also supports the installation of plug-ins that will expand the functionality of your site even more. Search engines like Google understand how WordPress sites work, as such your site appears better than others to Google which can often cause you to rank better than your competitors.
Usually to install WordPress you need to copy a bunch of files onto your web hosting account manually through tricky file transfer programs. However with HostGator you have a different option all together for installing WordPress. HostGator offers an auto installation program called Fantastico that will save you from all the hassle of having to do a manual WordPress install.
Don't worry, the auto installer is free and has already been included when you bought your hosting plan.
Lets get started on installing WordPress to your site:
1) To start this step you need to have your Name Servers pointing to the correct location that we went over in Step 3 of this guide. If that has been done you can head on over to your cPanel by typing in your site name with /cpanel after it like below.
2) Go back to the email you got from HostGator and login with your cPanel login details that they provided you with.
Once you are inside cPanel feel free to a look around and see all of the powerful features that have been provided to you at no additional cost by HostGator.
3) Now is the time to find Fantastico De Luxe. Head down the section labeled Software/Services and look for the blue smiley face and give it a click.
4) On the left side you will see a list of all the things that Fantastico can install. For what you need to look in the Blogs section and click WordPress.
5) Click option that is for the New Installation. You will be taken through a few screens that will include some basics such as your WordPress user name and password, be sure to write these down.
Note: There will be an option that states “Install in Directory” you must leave this blank.
Just hit Install WordPress and you are done!
You will be given a Mysql user name and url, however you will not typically need this information. If you wish you can save it or write it down in case you do need it in the future.
6) Hit Finish and you are done with installing WordPress already!
You can now visit your website, you will notice that your site actually displays content now! What you will be looking at will be the default WordPress theme. To start to configure and customize your site simply add /wp-login to the end of your domain as listed below.
Once you login with the WordPress user name and password that you chose you will see something that looks like this:
What you are looking at is what is called the WordPress Dashboard. Feel free to take a look around to see what everything is. You will get very familiar with this dashboard as every change with your site from here on out will be made through the WordPress Dashboard.
On the left side of the dashboard you will notice a rather large list of options. They all do certain things from managing your posts to changing the theme of your site. We will begin with taking note of the important ones.
1) Posts – You will use this most often if you are planning on making a blog type site. This is where you will create the actual posts, you have many different options with each post including showing when the post was written, the post writer, if you want visitors to be able to comment on the post, and the category you want the post in.
2) Media – In the media section you can upload and manage pictures, video and other files that you would like to use on your site.
3) Links – You can set different categories and links that you can use around your site for things such as custom widgets that go along the side of your site.
4) Pages – You can browse many different choices that allow you to change various pages around your site. You may also add new pages from this menu, disable comments and change the order in which pages appear around your site.
5) Appearance – Here is where you can change your site to look exactly how you would like it to. You can change everything from the theme, to how things are arranged on your site. Keep in mind a new theme only takes a couple clicks to install and can completely change how your site looks. With a bit of searching you can find the one that is perfect for what you want.
6) Plug-ins – WordPress is very powerful on its own but when you include the ability to have plug-ins it becomes even more powerful. The plug-ins do everything from change how certain parts of your site function to altering the information that is shown in search engines for your site.
7) Users – The user section is for changing the settings of users around. Everything from the display pictures to email addresses linked to the account can be changed here. Some sites will never require additional users.
8)Settings – From here you can change many important factors of your site. Everything from the name that is displayed at the top of the web browser when people are on your site, to the way the date is formatted across your site is here.